Cheesecake makes the perfect keto dessert and this keto peanut butter cheesecake is an easy no bake dessert that is deliciously creamy, without being too rich.
A chocolate flavoured almond flour crust is topped with a creamy peanut butter cheesecake mixture. Chilled in the fridge for a few hours, it's a great make ahead dessert.
Is peanut butter keto?
Nut butters are a great low carb source of food as they are high in fat and protein. Peanut butter is in many low carb recipes but technically it is a legume and can be inflammatory for some people. However, peanuts are closer to nuts in nutrition, making peanut butter keto-friendly.
If you are using peanut butter in your low carb recipes, make sure that you are using a natural butter with no added sugar. Or make your own by grinding peanuts in a food processor.
How to make keto no bake peanut butter cheesecake
I've used almond flour for the base and added sugar free cocoa powder for a chocolate flavour. Peanut butter and chocolate are a dream team flavour combination.
Place the cheesecake base in the freezer whilst the making the filing to quickly firm it.
No cheesecake would be complete without cream cheese! The peanut butter needs to be natural and as sugar free as you can fine. Allulose is used for the sweetener but any low carb sweetener can be used.
This no bake cheesecake does not use any gelatin, which is over found in no bake cheesecakes to keep them firm. Thickly whipped cream and peanut butter holds this little beauty together!
For the topping, I used a chocolate ganache to drizzle over it, then sprinkled chopped salted peanuts on top. You could serve this low carb peanut butter cheesecake plain, or decorate it with whipped cream.
More low carb cheesecake recipes to enjoy
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- 16 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup peanut butter unsweetened
- 1 cup cream heavy/whipping
- ½ cup allulose or other low carb sweetener
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Make the base
- In a medium bowl, add the almond flour, low carb sweetener and cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Add the melted butter and stir until mixed through. You should be left with a dark breadcrumb like mixture.
- Line an 8 inch spring form cake tin with parchment paper.
- Spoon the base mixture into the cake tin and press down evenly. I use my ¼ measuring cup to do this.
- Place in the freezer whilst you make the filling.
Make the filling
- In a large bowl add the cream cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Add the low carb sweetener, peanut butter, vanilla, heavy cream and sour cream. Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Spoon the filling on top of the almond flour base. Spread out evenly.
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours. Overnight preferably.
- Decorate with melted chocolate and chopped peanuts (optional)
YOUR OWN NOTES