An easy no churn pistachio keto ice cream is a quick and easy dessert for summer. A deliciously smooth and tasty ice cream with an added ingredient.
With just 5 ingredients to make this pistachio ice cream recipe, one of the ingredients used is avocado! Avocado ice cream is a great low carb option and has a creamy texture, so I incorporated it with pistachios. The avocado does add to the taste, more the texture.
What does pistachio ice cream taste like?
Pistachios have a light flavour but this ice cream tastes a bit like marzipan mainly due to the addition of almond extract. Traditionally almond flavour is added to pistachios to boost the flavour of pistachios. You could make the ice cream without the extract if you wish, then taste the flavour before you pour it into the tin.
How to make no churn avocado pistachio ice cream
This is such an easy keto ice cream to make that I whipped this together before breakfast, and by lunch time was enjoying a bowl of creamy ice cream.
To make this keto friendly ice cream, it is as simple as blending the ingredients in a food processor, adding whipped cream and freezing. The ingredients used are:
- Avocado - this must be ripe and green. Brown ice cream is not welcome, unless it is chocolate!
- Pistachios - unsalted and shells removed.
- Heavy cream - half of this is blended with the avocado, the remaining whipped and folded into the ice cream mixture.
- Almond extract - this helps give the distinctive flavour of pistachio ice cream.
- Low Carb Sweetener - I used Allulose for this recipe, but any other low carb sweetener will be fine.
Tips & suggestions
To make this keto vegan and dairy free substitute the heavy cream with coconut cream.
Serve in the empty avocado shells for a creative display of serving dessert.
Add a dash of spirulina for a deeper green colour (about 1/4 teaspoon).
Swirl in chopped pistachios after making the mixture for ice cream with a crunch.
Serve with desiccated coconut (unsweetened) or dried star fruit chips
Best eaten within 24 hours (or that's my excuse). The longer you have it in the freezer, the harder it will become. Leave it out for a few minutes before serving to soften.
Other keto ice cream recipes
Keto Pistachio Ice Cream
- 1 avocado
- 2 cups heavy/whipping cream
- 1/2 cup allulouse sweetener or other low carb sweetener
- 4 oz pistachios shells removed & unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Line a 8 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Grind the pistachios in a food processor until fine. Remove and clean the bowl.
- Place the avocado in the food processor with 1 cup of the heavy cream and blend until smooth.
- Add the allulouse (or low carb sweetener) and the ground pistachios. Pulse until smooth.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and place in a bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the other cup of cream until stiff peaks.
- Fold the cream into the pistachio mixture.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into the loaf pan and smooth out evenly.
- Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.