These Mediterranean cauliflower steaks make an easy and healthy option for dinner or a delicious lunch. Roasted cauliflower slices with herbs, a tomato sauce and an olive relish makes a great low carb vegetarian dish for summer.
This is a great keto vegan and vegetarian dish that can be tweaked to your own taste. Try green olives in place of black or add more low carb vegetables on the side. Serve as it is for an appetizer or light lunch. Add a side salad or roasted vegetables for a hearty meal.
How to make cauliflower steaks
This is a simple low carb cauliflower recipe to make. The cauliflower is cut into four large slices and roasted in an extremely hot oven, which allows it to be steamed and browned .
How to cut cauliflower steaks
- Cut off the inedible leaves.
- Trim off the bottom of the cauliflower stem but make sure to keep the core intact.
- Cut right through the middle of the cauliflower head, this keeps the florets together.
- Cut thick slices, about 1 ½-inch thick to have a heartier bite and stay intact in high heat.
- Save the excess florets that do not connect to the steaks for other cauliflower recipes.
When you cut the cauliflower into slices, bits of the cauliflower may crumble. Set these aside to make cauliflower pizza bites.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Delicious either way.
Use roasted red peppers if you don't have tomatoes.
Other Cauliflower Recipes
Mediterranean Cauliflower Steaks
- 1 Cauliflower
- ½ cup Pitted black olives
- 3 Sun Dried Tomatoes finely chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 Plum Tomatoes cored & quartered
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh chopped
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower into 4 large slices, and put aside any florets that will break loose and chop them finely. (use them for pizza bites)
- Mix the olives, 1 garlic clove, sun-dried tomatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, basil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Brush the cauliflower steaks with olive oil and season with the oregano, salt and pepper.
- Place the cauliflower slices, 3 garlic cloves and plum tomatoes onto a baking sheet lined tray and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, set the cauliflower slices aside. Place the roasted garlic and tomatoes into a blender and blitz until smooth. Season with salt & pepper
- Spoon the tomato sauce on a plate and place the cauliflower slice on top.
- Add the olive and sun-dried tomato mix to the plate and serve with chopped basil (optional)
Join the friendliest vegetarian keto & low carb recipe and support Facebook Group HERE!