This 90 second microwave bread recipe is made with almond flour, which is not only gluten-free but also low-carb and high in fiber. Whether you're looking for a quick low carb breakfast, a snack, or a bread substitute for your next meal, this recipe is a game-changer.
Light, fluffy and soft, this keto bread is a great low carb substitute for white bread.
You can eat the bread as it is, or you can slice it in half and toast it for a few minutes in a toaster oven or regular oven. The bread has a slightly nutty flavor and a fluffy texture that is perfect for sandwiches, toast, or as a side to your favorite soup or salad.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
- WHAT IS 90 SECOND BREAD?
- IS KETO BREAD GOOD FOR WEIGHT LOSS?
- HOW MANY CARBS ARE IN 90 SECOND ALMOND BREAD?
- HOW TO MAKE 90 SECOND MICROWAVE BREAD
- CONTAINER USED TO MAKE KETO BREAD
- STORING 90-SECOND KETO BREAD
- RECIPE TIPS
- OTHER LOW CARB FLOURS
- HOW TO USED 90 SECOND KETO BREAD
- MORE KETO BREAD RECIPES
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- 90 Second Microwave Bread
WHAT IS 90 SECOND BREAD?
90-second bread is a quick and easy bread recipe that can be made in just 90 seconds in the microwave. It is a simple recipe that typically involves a mixture of almond flour, baking powder, salt, and egg, which is then microwaved until it rises and sets into a bread-like consistency.
This type of bread is often used as a substitute for traditional bread for those following a low-carb or gluten-free diet. It can be eaten as is or sliced and toasted for a more traditional bread-like texture. 90-second bread is a convenient and healthy option for those who want a quick and easy bread recipe without the time-consuming process of traditional bread-making.
IS KETO BREAD GOOD FOR WEIGHT LOSS?
Keto bread is typically made with almond or coconut flour and other low-carbohydrate ingredients, making it a suitable choice for those following a keto diet. It is also generally higher in fat and lower in carbohydrates than regular bread, which can help keep you feeling full for longer and potentially lead to consuming fewer calories overall.
HOW MANY CARBS ARE IN 90 SECOND ALMOND BREAD?
This recipe is for two slices and has 4g net carbs per slice.
- Almond Flour - ensure that it is finely ground
- Psyllium Husk Powder - we run our powder through a coffee grinder to make it extra fine. That's entirely optional.
- Olive oil - this could be replaced by coconut oil, melted butter or ghee.
- Baking powder
- Eggs - these could be replaced by a flaxseed egg for a vegan option.
- Water - If the mixture is too thick, add water for a smoother batter.
HOW TO MAKE 90 SECOND MICROWAVE BREAD
Mix dry and wet ingredients separately
Blend both mixtures and pour into microwaveable container
Microwave for 90 seconds
Slices of low carb bread ready to eat!
CONTAINER USED TO MAKE KETO BREAD
As you can see from the photographs our keto bread is in the shape of a sliced bread loaf. We used a sandwich container that we found in the stores here but it is also available on Amazon.
Any other microwave safe dish that is 5 x 5 inches can be used. Ramekin dishes may great oval shapes slices of bread too. They could double up as a burger bun. A microwaveable mug can be used to make this low carb bread too.
STORING 90-SECOND KETO BREAD
Keep the bread slices in an airtight container and store in the fridge. It should last up to 3 days.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when making 90 second almond keto microwave bread:
- Use a microwave-safe bowl that is deep enough to allow the bread to rise without overflowing.
- Make sure your almond flour is fresh and fine, as lumpy or coarse almond flour can affect the texture of the bread.
- Use a fork or whisk to mix the ingredients well and ensure there are no lumps.
- Adjust the cooking time depending on the power of your microwave. You may need to add or subtract a few seconds to get the perfect texture.
- Let the bread cool for a few minutes before slicing it to avoid it falling apart.
- For variation, you can add spices or herbs to the bread mixture before microwaving, such as garlic powder or rosemary, to add extra flavor.
OTHER LOW CARB FLOURS
Microwave low carb bread can be made with other flours in addition to almond flour. Coconut flour microwave bread will require an additional egg and reduced amount of flour. Ground flaxseed and lupin flour can be used but the volume would vary.
HOW TO USED 90 SECOND KETO BREAD
Enjoy this 90 second bread toasted, air fried, as French toast or a grilled cheese. It's great for avocado toast too!
MORE KETO BREAD RECIPES
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes, this keto bread can be frozen. Allow it to completely cool, then place in a zip lock bag and it will last up to 2 months in the freezer. Defrost in the fridge before use.
The psyllium husk powder takes away any potential eggy taste to this bread. You could use just egg whites if you fear the bread will be too eggy for your taste.
Yes you can! Use an oven safe container and bake the bread for 15 minutes at 180C/350F degrees.
The psyllium husk powder could be replaced with ground flaxseed to help bind the bread mixture in place of any gluten.
90 Second Microwave Bread
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water optional
- 6 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and olive oil.
- In another medium bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir well.
- If the mixture is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of water. We find sparkling water gives it an extra lift too.
- Lightly spray a microwaveable container with cooking oil. We used a sandwich container but a square 5 x 5 dish can be used.
- Microwave for 90 seconds.
- Remove from the container and slice in half.
- Enjoy as sandwich bread, toasted or as a grilled cheese.
YOUR OWN NOTES