With just 4 ingredients, these keto flaxseed tortillas are an easy recipe to make. Flexible low carb tortillas that are vegan, dairy free, paleo and low carb too.
At just 1g net carb per tortilla, these can be used as sandwich wraps, enchiladas, burritos or enjoy with a dip.
How many carbs in flaxseed?
Flaxseed is a great low carb flour once the flaxseeds are ground. You can grind your own flaxseeds or buy it ready ground. Just 2g net carbs per 1oz (28g) serving with a high fiber content too!
Flaxseed is low in carbs, high in fibre, high in most of the B vitamins, magnesium and manganese and rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
How to make flaxseed tortillas
All you need to make this recipe is flaxseed, chia seeds, water and salt. Simplicity itself! The flaxseed can be either golden or brown. We prefer golden, but that is just a personal preference.
The flaxseed needs to be ground and so do the chia seeds. You can do this yourself with a coffee grinder.
Once the dough has been made, allow it to cool slightly as you don't want to burn your hands whilst rolling it out. It also lets the chia seeds work their elastic magic!
How to store
These tortillas will keep for about 4-5 days if stored in the fridge in an air tight container.
More low carb bread recipes
Add other flavourings to these tortillas such as cumin, chili or even curry spices.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
- ¾ cup flaxseed, ground
- ¼ cup chia seeds ground
- 1 cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Boil the water in a small saucepan.
- Add the ground flaxseed, chia and salt. Take off the heat and mix with a spoon until you have a dough.
- Remove the dough from the saucepan and allow to cool.
- Cut the dough into 4 pieces. Roll a piece in between two layers of parchment paper. Roll it as thin as 1/16 (1.6mm) thick.
- Using a small saucepan lid or bowl, cut out a circle.
- Repeat for the remaining dough until you have 6 thin tortillas. If you want thicker tortillas, you will end up with 4.
- Heat a pan on a medium heat and place one tortilla. Cook for about 1 minute, then flip over. Repeat for all tortillas.
- Serve warm or cold.
YOUR OWN NOTES