This easy keto baguette is made with no flour and also gluten, grain and sugar free. It’s a great low carb bread for sandwiches, toasting and bruschetta.
If you are allergic to nuts, this keto baguette is a great option. Full of fiber due to the oat fiber and psyllium husk powder it is very filling. Make sure you drink plenty of water when enjoying this bread.
A crusty keto french bread will always be the dream but this keto baguette makes a great replacement. It's a solid bread with a soft texture that is perfect for a sub sandwich or sliced and served with a vegetable caponata.
How to make a flourless bread
When mixing the dough, it may seen fairly moist but with damp hands you will be able to shape the baguette. The bread will rise but keep it's solid shape.
- Oat fiber - I use the Lifesource brand which is pale and has always yielded good results for me. Oat fiber is not the flour and has zero carbs.
- Psyllium husk powder - Finely ground psyllium husks in powder form helps bind the bread in the absence of gluten.
- Whey protein powder - Try to use whey protein isolate powder but plain whey protein powder will work too.
- Greek Yogurt - Try to use full fat yoghurt as low fat can have sneaky sugars in it.
- Eggs - Medium sized eggs. I've not tried this bread with an egg replacement.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - This acts with the baking powder to give the bread a bit of "lift" in the absence of gluten.
The Greek Yoghurt can be swapped with sour cream.
The dough could be baked in a 1lb loaf tin if you want a more uniform shape.
More low carb bread recipes
- 2 medium eggs
- 120 grams Greek yogurt full fat
- 25 grams whey protein isolate powder
- 25 grams oat fiber
- 25 grams psyllium husk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F degrees
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and Greek yoghurt until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and with a spatula or spoon mix until you have a dough.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and mix into the dough.
- Let the dough sit for 5 minutes to firm up. It will still be a soft dough.
- With damp hands, form a dough and shape into a baton or baguette shape.
- Place the bread on a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 35-40 minutes until firm and golden.
YOUR OWN NOTES
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Anita Bineau says
what psyllium husk powder did you use?
Keto Vegetarian Recipes says
I used the NOW brand. I also find that if I grind the actual psyllium husks in the coffee grinder it stops the purple colour in baked products.
Raana Ponstingl says
Wow, pretty good! I put a wee bit of citric acid in the dough to get a sourdough'ish taste. Wish it was crustier, but I'll work on that. Any suggestions. I have a second loaf in now and will go a bit longer. Thanks!
Angela Coleby says
I'd suggest to let it cool down in the oven after baking for a bit more of a crust. Glad you enjoyed the recipe!