These keto bread rolls are made with rosemary & olive for a delicious low carb dinner roll that smells divine when baking. Baked with coconut flour they make the perfect low carb & gluten free bread roll too.
Enjoy these dinner rolls warm, with a pat of butter and at only 2.5g net carbs they made a great accompaniment to any low carb main dish. Any dish with a sauce to be mopped up with this delicious rolls would be on top of my list.
The flavour pairing of rosemary and olives are often found in a focaccia bread recipe but here you can enjoy it in smaller portions in an easy low carb dinner roll.
What to serve with these low carb dinner rolls
Although these coconut flour bread rolls are utterly scrumptious by themselves you could enjoy them with a tomato soup or zucchini basil soup. As a dinner roll, serve them with a zucchini lasagna or creamy cabbage & mushrooms.
How to make rosemary olive bread rolls
The ingredients you will need to me these tasty rolls are:
- Coconut flour – different brands can yield slightly different results with the coconut flavour being stronger in some. I used Bob’s Red Mill coconut flour.
- Psyllium husk powder – a great low carb substitute for gluten and helps give the bread rolls a more “bread-like” texture.
- Eggs – I used medium sized eggs. I’ve not tried this bread with an egg replacement but a flax egg mixture may work.
- Olive oil – Use a light olive oil as you don’t want the flavour of it to over power the bread. Coconut oil could be use as well.
- Apple cider vinegar – As with most low carb breads, a boost is needed without yeast or gluten and this helps.
- Rosemary – fresh is preferable but dried can be used.
- Olives – I prefer black olives (stones removed) but green are just as tasty.
This coconut & pysllium husk powder bread roll recipe can be adapted for other flavour pairings if you don’t have rosemary or olives. Try:
- Basil & Garlic
- Cherry Tomatoes (halved) & Basil
- Caraway seeds & parsley
- Chives & Basil
If you cannot bake with coconut flour, almond flour can be substituted.
Other keto bread roll recipes
Rosemary Olive Keto Bread Rolls
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 4 medium eggs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons psyllium husk powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped fresh or dry
- 2 1/2 oz black olives, pitted or green olives
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the coconut flour, baking powder, rosemary, psyllium husk powder and salt in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add the oil and eggs and blend well until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and mix well.
- Add the chopped olives to the bread and mix.
- Gently add the water, a bit at time and stir into the mixture (you may not need it all).
- Using your hands, make a large ball of the dough (I find keeping my hands wet helps with the sticky dough).
- Place the dough on the parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden and firm.