These no bake almond butter coconut balls are a delicious keto vegan snack or even a small dessert. Perhaps a great keto energy ball too!
This is a healthier alternative to chocolate truffles and just as easy to make. It combines two of my favourite superfoods, almond and coconut, and can be very moreish. I dipped mine in grated coconut and some cocoa powder to add an extra layer of flavour and to look pretty!
How to make coconut almond butter balls
I used the last cup of my purchased almond butter in a jar (with no added sugar) for this but home made almond butter would be a great ingredient too.
When using a store bought almond butter, make sure it is not too dry and you have a decent amount of natural oil with it. You may need to adjust the recipe for the stated coconut oil if the almond butter is fairly soft. I would add this at the end of the recipe, as if you are adding water to a bread recipe.
Rather than roll the almond butter balls in coconut or cocoa, try finely chopped nuts.
This recipe can be use with other nut butters. Try pecan or walnut butter for extra flavour.
More low carb recipes
Almond Butter Chocolate Brownies
Almond Butter Coconut Balls
- 1 cup almond butter
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup coconut, shredded I prefer fresh but desiccated works
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients together and put into the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes to firm up the mixture
- Remove and roll the mixture into small balls. Place them on a piece of parchment paper.
- Dip the balls into shredded coconut or cocoa powder
YOUR OWN NOTES
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Leave a Reply