This broccoli pizza crust is an alternative to cauliflower pizza and makes a great low carb vegetarian pizza. No nut or coconut flour and it's also gluten free.
Anything that cauliflower can do, broccoli can too! This broccoli pizza is a vibrant base and is easy to make.
How to make broccoli pizza crust
No low carb flours were used to make this pizza base but feel free to add some if you want a firmer crust.
The ingredients used are:
- Broccoli - make sure it's fresh and bright green.
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Nutritional Yeast - I added this in place of parmesan cheese as it has a higher nutritional value.
- Salt & Pepper
The Steps to Make Broccoli Pizza
- Process the broccoli in a food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix into a dough. It will be fairly soft. If you want to add a low carb flour, this is when you would add it.
- Rollout into a pizza base shape.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Add the toppings of your choice and bake for another 10 minutes.
The nutritional yeast can be replaced with vegetarian parmesan.
If your pizza base is too wet, add a low carb flour such as flaxseed or coconut flour to help absorb the moisture.
More low carb pizza recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Broccoli Pizza Crust
- 1 broccoli medium head
- 2 medium eggs
- ½ cup mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees.
- Chop the broccoli into florets and place in a food processor. Pulse until you have small shreds.
- Remove the broccoli from the food processor and place in themicrowave. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before handling and using either a cheesecloth or nut bag, squeeze any excess water out of the broccoli.
- Place the broccoli into a medium bowl and add the eggs, mozzarella, nutritional yeast and seasonings. Mix well into a soft dough.
- Roll out the broccoli dough in between two layers of parchment paper. Roll into a circle at about 1 cm thick.
- Keeping the broccoli on the bottom layer of parchment paper. Place it on a baking tin or pizza tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and place your chosen toppings on top.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Slice, eat and enjoy!