Keto almond flour pancakes are a delicious and healthy breakfast option for those following the keto diet. They are fluffy, light and full of flavor and easy to make.
Pancakes are a quick low carb and gluten-free breakfast or enjoy as a light lunch. Serve with berries and a low carb syrup and you are set for the day!
One of the great things about pancakes is that they are so easy to make and are enjoyed by all the family. They are a great breakfast to make ahead and can fit into a busy day.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
ARE PANCAKES KETO?
Traditional pancakes made with wheat flour are not considered keto-friendly, as wheat flour is high in carbohydrates. However, there are keto-friendly pancake recipes that use low-carb alternatives such as almond flour or coconut flour instead of wheat flour. These pancakes are typically made with eggs, cream cheese, or other keto-friendly ingredients to keep the carbohydrate count low.
With just a handful of ingredients you can make a batch of keto pancakes.
- Almond flour - use a finely ground almond flour.
- Almond milk - this could be substituted with coconut milk.
- Sugar free maple syrup - There are now a few keto friendly maple syrups available. This helps give the pancakes their fluffiness and sweetness. We use the Besti brand.
- Sweetener - for the low carb sweetener we have made these with both allulose and monkfruit. Other low carb sweeteners such as erythritol or swerve could be used.
- Eggs - use at room temperature.
HOW TO MAKE KETO ALMOND FLOUR PANCAKES
This is a quick and easy recipe to make. You can cook the pancakes on a griddle or pan but we also use a Dash mini griddle maker for an even and round pancake.
Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl
Whisk and allow to stand
Pour a ¼ cup into a pan, cook and flip.
Serve with berries and sugar free syrup
STORAGE AND REHEATING
Any leftover pancakes or if you are making them ahead, should be stored in the fridge. We keep ours in an airtight container. They will last up to 3 days.
Reheat them on the stove in a pan or in the microwave. The microwave will make them softer.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH KETO PANCAKES
Almond flour pancakes can be enjoyed by themselves or you could serve them with:
- Whipped cream
- Sugar free syrup
- Greek yogurt
- Whipped coconut cream
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
These pancakes freeze well. Store them in a zip lock bag and they will keep in the freezer for up to 2 months. Defrost them in the fridge before reheating.
If you want to make keto pancakes with coconut flour, you will need to half the volume of flour and double the eggs.
Although the sugar free syrup helps with the fluffiness and sweetener of these pancakes, if you don't have any, whisk the eggs until fluffy before adding the other ingredients. Add a tablespoon or two of additional sweetener.
MORE KETO PANCAKE RECIPES
Enjoy a delicious breakfast with these easy keto pancake recipes:
Atayef (Middle Eastern Pancakes)
Keto Almond Flour Pancakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Place all ingredients into a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Allow the mixture to stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan on a medium-high heat.
- Spoon about ¼ cup of pancake batter into the pan and cook until you see bubbles. Flip the pancake over and cook until golden on both sides.
- Repeat for the rest of the batter.
- Serve and enjoy.
YOUR OWN NOTES