Keto avocado key lime pie is an easy no bake dessert. Creamy avocado with a pecan nut base, this low carb dessert is also vegan, gluten free and paleo.
This easy keto avocado dessert uses a few ingredients and can be made ahead too. Just store it in the fridge until you are ready to eat. With no baking this is a great dessert for summer too. Served in a small jar they help with portion control too.
Join the friendliest vegetarian keto & low carb recipe and support Facebook Group HERE!
How to make keto avocado key lime pie
All you need is 6 ingredients to make this avocado dessert:
- Avocado – Ensure that it is ripe and soft.
- Key limes – finely grate the zest and use the juice.
- Pecans – the flavour of pecans goes well with the creamy lime filling.
- Powdered low carb sweetener – As this is a no bake dessert, a powdered sweetener works best. I prefer a monkfruit & erthritol blend. If you have granular sweetener you can run it through a coffee grinder for a powder.
- Coconut oil – this helps firm up the filling and the nut base.
- Coconut cream – You can use coconut cream from a can but ensure it is not sweetened. A solid block of coconut cream, dissolved in hot water is another option. Alternatively you can make your own.
How to make coconut cream
Place a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. The coconut cream will thicken and separate from the water. It will be at the top of the can so be careful when you open the can not to shake it. Gently scoop the coconut cream and use in your recipe.
More keto avocado desserts
For a dairy verision, swap the coconut cream with cream cheese or mascarpone cheese.
Lemons can be used in place of the limes.
If you don't have pecans, other nuts will work fine. I'd recommend walnuts for a great flavour combination with the key lime filling.
Avocado Key Lime Pie
- Place the pecans in a food processor and blitz until finely ground.
- Remove and place in a medium bowl. Add the coconut oil and low carb sweetener and mix.
- Press the mixture down into 4 small jars or glasses.
- Peel the avocados and remove the stone. Chop the avocados and place in a food processor or blender.
- Add the lime juice, coconut cream, coconut oil, lime juice and zest. Blitz until smooth.
- Spoon the filling over the nut base and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.