These keto cheese wraps are a flourless wrap made with just 2 ingredients. Enjoy them as a low carb sandwich wrap or a gluten free cheese tortilla.
Halloumi cheese is used to make these flexible wraps and has the slightly saltiness of the cheese but none of the squeaky texture. Grilled halloumi makes a great sandwich filling so it’s fun to use it as a cheese wrap instead.
What is Halloumi cheese?
Halloumi cheese is made from goats and sheep’s milk and is a semi hard cheese. It can be found in large supermarkets or Middle Eastern food stores. It can be a bit pricey so keep your eye out for any special offers.
Halloumi is a great cheese for keto vegetarians as well as being low in carbs, it has a high protein content. Not all cheeses are equal in protein, but Halloumi has 7g protein per 1oz (28g) serving. At only 0.4g net carbs a wrap, these make a great low carb choice!
How to make keto cheese wraps
All you need to make these wraps is halloumi cheese and an egg. They are blended for a smooth batter than cooked in a frying pan. Once cooled they are ready for the filling of your choice. You could add additional spices and herbs to the batter too
Wrap filling suggestions
These wraps can be filled with anything but here are a few flavour suggestions to go with the salty taste of Halloumi cheese.
Spinach, grilled portabella mushrooms.
Roasted red pepper, grilled zucchini strips and basil
Zucchini hummus and rocket
Feta, cucumber, olives, mint
Avocado & Grilled Eggplant
Keto Cheese Wraps
- 50 grams halloumi cheese
- 1 large egg
- Grated the halloumi with a box grater.
- Place the halloumi and egg in a blender. Blitz until the mixture is a smooth batter
- Heat an 8 inch frying pan on a medium heat and lightly spray with oil.
- Pour the batter into the frying pan and cook for about 2 minutes each side. Bubbles should appear before the mixture is firm enough to flip over (rather like a pancake).
- Allow to cool, then use as a sandwich wrap.