These healthy cucumber snacks are great for a keto halloween. Slices of cucumber are slathered with cream cheese and topped with spiders made out of black olives.
Enjoy a keto halloween appetizer or make this kids parties or even game day! They are an easy and refreshing recipe that the kids could make too.
Keto Halloween Snacks
Halloween is traditionally associated with sugar fueled candy so I've made a simple healthy cucumber snack. These halloween appetizers can be made ahead and stored in a sealed container before serving. I made a batch of these for my art class (who are a source of taste testers for me) and the cucumbers stood the test of time and heat.
To make these spooky spider cucumber slices vegan, substitute the cream cheese with a soy or nut based version of cream cheese. You could soak nuts such as cashews, brazil or macademia then blitz them for a creamy paste.
Add herbs or additional flavouring to the cream cheese. In one batch I sprinkled Everything Seasoning for extra crunch and flavour.
More low carb snacks
Keto Halloween Cucumber Spiders
- 1 cucumber about 6 inches long
- 18 black olives pitted
- 3 tablespoon cream cheese softened
- Cut the ends off the cucumber and slice into 6 even pieces
- Chop the olives in half. Set 12 halved olives aside.
- Thinly slice the remaining olive halves into strips (for the spider legs)
- Smear or pipe a half tablespoon of the cream cheese onto a cucumber slice.
- Arrange the halved olives to make the spider body and head.
- Place 4 of the sliced olives each side of the spider.
- Eat and enjoy
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.