Enjoy these keto lemon curd tarts for dessert. A buttery low carb pastry is filled with a sugar free lemon curd for a great spring or summer treat.
If you have a jar of keto lemon curd already made and need a dessert, all you need to do is make the pastry tart cases. Quick and easy, and fun to decorate too to make them look extra tempting!
Making a keto lemon curd tart
For this recipe I am assuming that you already have lemon curd as that's another recipe. You may have your own but we have an easy one that was used in this recipe.
The pastry case is made in a food processor. It's as easy as placing all the ingredients below and pressing blitz until you have a dough. Remove the dough from the food processor then split into 6 balls for the small tart cases. Or roll out whole for a large 8 inch tart.
For the low carb sweetener I used allulose but powdered monkfruit or erythritol are good too.
When handling the pastry don't despair if it breaks. Low carb pastry often does not handle as well as traditional pastry. Just fix the edges together and it will still look great.
Baked in 6 silicone 4 ½ inch tart cases, this could easily be made into an larger one. Use an 8 inch tart case and bake.
If you don't like lemon curd, try this recipe with sugar free lime curd instead.
More low carb dessert recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Lemon Curd Tarts
- 1 batch lemon curd or use other lemon curd recipe
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F degrees
- Place the pastry ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a smooth dough is form.
- Remove the dough and form it into 6 even pieces.
- Roll each piece in between two layers of parchment paper in a circle, large enough to fit the tart cases.
- Place the pastry into the tart cases. If it breaks just smooth it together. You may find yourself piecing the dough together.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden and firm.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Spoon the sugar free lemon curd into the tarts and smooth evenly.
- Chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- To serve decorate with berries, lemon slices or whatever takes your fancy.
YOUR OWN NOTES