This keto nut and seed bread is similar to rye bread. It's dark in colour and is a chewy dense bread full of flavour. Made without almond flour or coconut flour but with a mixture of nuts and seeds.
At 10g protein a slice, this is a great bread for low carb vegetarians and is gluten free too. Enjoy a slice with breakfast eggs or slices of avocado. Make an open sandwich with it too!
How to make keto nut and seed bread
Unlike many low carb breads, this recipe does not use psyllium husk powder. Instead, ground chia seeds are used as a binding agent.
It's a simple recipe that requires the dry ingredients to be mixed in one bowl, the wet in another. The two are combined, then poured in a loaf tin and baked. Easy low carb bread!
- Walnut flour - This is finely ground walnuts which you could make yourself.
- Chia seeds - These were ground in a coffee grinder to get a fine powder.
- Sesame seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Hemp hearts
- Baking powder
- Cream cheese - This is used in place of butter as it has a higher protein content. Cream cheese has a protein content of 6g per 100g and butter is 0.9g.
Almond flour or almond meal can be substituted for the walnut flour. Or try other finely ground nuts such a pecan.
Use butter or sour cream to replace the cream cheese.
Add different nuts and seeds for your own preference.
More low carb bread recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Nut & Seed Bread
- 150 grams walnut flour finely ground walnuts
- 40 grams chia seeds ground
- 20 grams sesame seeds
- 60 grams sunflower seeds
- 40 grams hemp hearts
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 medium eggs
- 250 grams cream cheese softened
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the walnut flour, seeds, baking powder and salt and mix to combine.
- In another medium bowl whisk the cream cheese with the eggs.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the dry and stir to combine.
- Let the mixture stand for 10 minutes for the chia seed to absorb the liquid of the bread mixture.
- Line a 1lb baking tin with parchment paper and pour the mixture into the tin. Smooth it out evenly.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top (optional)
- Bake for 50 minutes until the bread is firm.
YOUR OWN NOTES