Crunchy keto tortilla chips made with a seasoned Fathead dough are a quick and easy appetizer. Baked in just 15 minutes they make a great low carb appetizer to enjoy with a dip.
The dough for these low carb chips is simply mozzarella cheese and almond flour. Add spices to your own preference and you are set to bake.
Although the dough is melted similar to Fathead dough, the mixture is first blended in a food processor. This gives a better distribution of the spices in the dough. Then the dough is melted in the microwave. You could melt the dough in a bowl over simmering water if you don't have a microwave.
What to serve with keto tortilla chips
These keto chips are delicious by themselves and how they made it to be photographed without being eaten is still a mystery. All chips are great with a dip and these go very well with a bowl of salsa, guacamole or zucchini hummus.
For a dairy free vegan chip, try our lupin flour tortilla chip recipe.
If you bake these low carb chips in two batches you may find the the dough becomes a bit stiff with time. If this happens and you need to roll the dough out, soften it by returning it to the microwave for 30 seconds.
Try other flavourings for these keto chips. Extra chili powder or chipotle. Perhaps a dash of lime or simply keep them plain.
The almond flour could be substituted with coconut flour to keep these nacho chips nut free. You will need to use about ¼ cup of coconut flour.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Tortilla Chips
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend.
- Remove the mixture and place in a bowl. Microwave for 2 minutes until soft.
- Roll out the dough in between two layers of parchment paper. The thinner the dough, the crispier the nacho chip!
- Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut the dough into small triangles.
- Place the triangles on a parchment paper lined baking tray
- Bake at 180C/350F degrees for 15 minutes. Turn the chips over after 10 minutes for even baking.