A light, yet filling keto frittata with zucchini, feta cheese and dill is a delicious summer choice for lunch.
The addition of dill lifts the flavour of the vegetarian frittata. It transforms what could have been a bland dish, into a great lunch.
A zucchini frittata is a great way to use your summer zucchini and enjoy a low carb lunch. Green zucchini has been used but the yellow would give a sweeter flavour.
How to make a keto frittata
There are a few ways to make a frittata and here I have started the cooking process in the frying pan. Then it is finished off under the grill to cook the top of it. Another way to make a frittata is to bake it in the oven.
Other zucchini recipes
Zucchini Frittata with Dill & Feta
- 3 zucchinis finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons dill chopped
- 5 large eggs
- 2 oz Feta cheese crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan on a medium heat and add the slice zucchini.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes until golden, turning the pieces over half way through cooking.
- Beat the eggs in a medium bowl and then add the sour cream. Whisk until smooth.
- Crumble the Feta cheese and add to the egg mixture, with the dill and seasoning.
- Ensure the frying pan is on a medium heat, add the egg and cheese mixture to the zucchini slices in the frying pan and cook for 8-10 minutes until the bottom is firm.
- Finish the frittata under the grill on a medium heat until the top is set and golden.
- Serve with a side salad.
YOUR OWN NOTES