Enjoy a blackberry smoothie for a low carb vegetarian breakfast or as a light meal. Blackberries are a great low carb berry and delicious too.
Low carb smoothies are easy to make and a great option for when you are hunger and need a meal in a hurry. For a low carb breakfast on the go they are a great option and for keto vegetarians, they are a good source of protein with the addition of protein power.
Carbs in blackberries
Blackberries are one of the best low carb berries with 4.3g net carbs per 100g.
How to make a blackberry smoothie
Making a smoothie is a simple as placing all the ingredients into a food processor and blitzing until smooth.
For this low carb blackberry smoothie I have used:
- Blackberries – Frozen are better for a creamy texture.
- Almond milk - Coconut milk works just as well.
- Whey Protein Isolate Powder – I use unflavoured but vanilla would be delicious.
- Hemp Seeds – Added for an extra protein source for us vegetarians and to increase the nutritional content.
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
For an extra creamy, cheesecake taste, add 3 oz of cream cheese.
Add Greek yoghurt for another creamy variation.
More low carb breakfast recipes
- ½ cup blackberries frozen preferable
- 1 cup almond milk
- ⅓ cup Whey protein isolate powder
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Placeall ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
YOUR OWN NOTES
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.