Making your own gourmet marinated olives is easy and cheaper too! A great low carb snack and appetizer.
Turn that jar of plain olives into a bowl of delicious olives. It's so simple and allows you to choose the flavours that you like. In just a couple of days you have a jar of olives bursting with flavour.
How to make marinated olives
Any type of olives can be used for this recipe. I used black Kalamata olives as they are my favourite. Just reach for any jar of olives and start to marinade! Jared olives work better than tinned olives.
For the marinade you need a good quality olive oil, then a selection of herbs and spices. I used lemon, rosemary and garlic as my main flavouring.
Flavour suggestions for marinated olives
Play around with your marinade. You could place your olives in a selection of small jars like a small cooking experiment to see what flavours you like best.
- Whole peppercorns
- Dried chili peppers
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- Fennel seeds
- Coriander seeds
- Try flavoured oils just as lemon, garlic or chili
The marinated olives will keep in the fridge for at least a month. Give them an occasional shake.
Use olives in these low carb recipes
Broccoli, goats cheese & olive frittata
- 2 cups olives
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lemon juice & zest
- 2 tablespoons rosemary fresh
- 1 tablespoon thyme fresh
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- In a large sealable jar add the bay leaves, lemon peel, rosemary, thyme and garlic slices.
- Spoon in the olives and pour the olive oil over them.
- Give the jar a shake and set aside in the fridge for 3-5 days.
YOUR OWN NOTES
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Leave a Reply