A creamy avocado mint smoothie is a healthy start to the day with just 4 ingredients. This recipe is great for keto, vegan, paleo and gluten free diets.
Avocados are a great addition to a smoothie for the keto vegetarian and vegan with a great balance of fat and protein. They help with the creamy texture too.
Ingredients Used to Make this Avocado Mint Green Smoothie Recipe
- Avocado - Ripe
- Almond Butter - Check the label for no added sugar or make your own.
- Coconut milk - full fat from a tin preferable.
- Fresh Mint leaves - the mint adds freshness to the smoothie flavour.
How to increase the protein content
A serving of this green smoothie has 8g protein, but if you are looking to increase this, add these ingredients.
- Hemp hearts - Has protein of 9g for 3 tablespoons as well as a great serving of amino acids for the vegan & vegetarian.
- Chia Seeds - A 1oz serving has just over 4g protein.
- Protein powder - This will depend upon your brand. Check the label.
- Greek Yogurt - The thick texture of Greek yogurt is great for smoothies and has a protein content of 8g per 6oz (170g) serving.
If you don't have fresh mint, a couple of drops of peppermint oil can be used.
More keto smoothies to try
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Avocado Mint Smoothie
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 5 mint leaves
- Peel the avocado and remove the stone.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until you have a smooth mixture.
- Serve over ice.
YOUR OWN NOTES