Start your day with this keto chocolate smoothie. A creamy blend of chocolate, strawberries and avocado make this a great keto vegetarian and keto vegan smoothie.
Adding protein powder to a smoothie is a great way to increase the protein content. The avocado adds fat and fiber, the strawberries add natural sweetness with a little fiber.
Just 4 Ingredients
The joy of a smoothie is that it is quick, easy and simple to make. This recipe uses just 4 ingredients.
- Chocolate Protein Powder - Adds essential protein as well as making the texture smooth.
- Strawberries - As fresh as you can find. Frozen can be used for an icier smoothie.
- Avocado - A great source of fat and fibre. Make sure it is soft with no black spots.
- Almond milk - this can be substituted with coconut milk. Make sure it is unsweetened.
Make it a Keto Vegan Smoothie
More keto smoothies to try
For a thicker smoothie, add a tablespoon of almond or peanut butter.
Swap the strawberries with raspberries for another delicious flavour.
If you don't have chocolate flavoured protein powder, use vanilla and add a tablespoon or two of sugar free cocoa.
Add ice for a cool breakfast smoothie on a hot day.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- ½ avocado
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve immediately.