A dairy free artichoke dip that takes minutes to make. This keto dip is made in minutes and is an easy veggie dip recipe for summer that is paleo, raw and gluten free too.
Keto artichoke dip recipes often have spinach in them but this one uses zucchini. The zucchini helps give the dip a creamy texture as well as adding extra vitamins.
Are artichokes keto?
Artichokes are a great keto vegetable and have 6g net carbs per 100g serving. They are also a high fiber vegetable and are rich in antioxidants.
How to make dairy free artichoke dip
This as easy as mixing the following ingredients in a food processor:
- Artichokes – I used tinned artichoke hearts
- Zucchini – one medium with the top and bottom cut off.
- Mayonnaise – home made is always a better option as it won’t have any hidden sugars in it.
- Lemon juice – You might want to add more than the recipe card says to adjust to personal taste.
- Garlic – Fresh garlic gives the dip extra flavour
- Fresh basil – Gives the dip a taste of summer.
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
To make this vegan substitute the mayonnaise with a vegan mayonnaise.
If you don’t have fresh basil, try another herb such as dill.
The dip is delicious the next day once the flavours have fully developed.
Add cheese for an creamy dip (although it won’t be dairy free). Cream cheese, Sour cream, Feta or vegetarian Parmesan.
More low carb dips
Dairy Free Artichoke Dip
- 14 oz artichoke hearts tinned or jar
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3 cloves garlic peeled & chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise home made & sugar free
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the top and bottom off the zucchini and roughly cut into pieces
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor
- Blitz until smooth
- Serve with low carb crackers or vegetables.