The keto chaffle is a great low carb replacement for bread, sandwiches or sweet low carb waffles. It’s an easy recipe which is just eggs and cheese. Perfect for a keto vegetarian diet.
WHAT IS A CHAFFLE?
A chaffle is a mix of grated cheese and beaten egg cooked in a waffle maker. Cheddar or Mozzarella cheese are the most popular used but cream cheese can be used for a fluffier texture. Almond or coconut flour can be added for a more waffle like texture.
HOW TO MAKE A KETO CHAFFLE
Chaffles are an easy keto recipe to make and take minimum effort too.
Preheat your waffle iron and give it a light spray of oil. You don’t want the batter to stick to the iron and leave a mess to clean.
Mix the batter, spoon in the waffle iron and cook for 5 minutes. It’s that easy!
WHAT WAFFLE MAKER CAN YOU USE?
Any waffle maker will work for a keto chaffle. A Dash Mini Waffle Maker is a popular choice but I find the classic Belgian Waffle Maker is great too.
CAN YOU SUBSTITUTE THE EGGS?
If you have an egg allergy, a flax mixture can be used. Stir 1 tablespoon of ground flax with 3 tablespoons of water. Mix well and let sit for 15-20 minutes to thicken before use.
ALMOND FLOUR OR COCONUT FLOUR?
You can use either almond or coconut flour to make a sturdy chaffle. For almond flour, use 2 tablespoons but for coconut flour, use 2 teaspoons and let sit for a minute or two to firm up.
Easy Keto Chaffle
- 1 medium egg
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated or Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- Turn on your waffle maker and lightly grease it (I give it a light spray with olive oil)
- In a bowl, beat the egg.
- Add the mozzarella and almond flour. Mix well.
- Spoon the batter into your waffle maker. If you are using a small waffle maker spoon half the mixture in at a time. Gently spread it out towards the edges.
- Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Using tongs, remove the cooked chaffle,