Baked with almond flour, lupin flour and oat fiber, these low carb buns are sprinkled with everything seasoning, then baked. They smell divine when baking and taste great too. Just 6g net carbs a bun with a high protein and fiber content too.
Lupin flour recipes
The great thing about using lupin flour in keto vegetarian recipes is it's high protein content. As well as being low in carbs with 1g net carb per 30g (1oz) it has 11g protein. All without using a Fathead dough too!
How to make keto burger buns
These low carb burger buns are a great use of lupin flour for low carb baking. I didn't want a pure lupin flour bun as I thought that it would be too heavy so added a couple of other low carb flours into the mix.
In place of any oil or butter, I've used Greek yogurt. I find that this makes a great ingredient for low carb baking, especially when using lupin flour or oat fiber. They are flours that like moisture.
What you need to make these
- Almond flour
- Lupin flour
- Oat fiber
- Psyllium husk powder
- Baking powder
- Everything Seasoning (for the topping)
- Greek yogurt
- Apple cider vinegar
- Warm water
More lupin flour recipes to try
These buns freeze well. Place them in a ziplocked bag and freeze until you need another burger bun. Defrost before use.
I grind my psyllium husk powder in the coffee grinder before use for a finer powder and find that it helps against the dreaded purple colour.
The Everything seasoning could be omitted or replaced with sesame seeds if you are not a fan of it.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Everything Keto Burger Buns
- 2 tablespoons Everything Bagel seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl place all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the eggs until fluffy.
- Spoon in the yogurt and whisk until smooth
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry mixture and stir well.
- Sprinkle the apple cider vinegar over the dough and mix into a dough.
- Add the warm water a ¼ cup at time until you have a smooth dough. You may not need all the water.
- Using damp hands, section the dough into 4 and form 4 burger buns.
- Place the burger buns on the baking tray and sprinkle the everything seasoning on the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden and firm.
YOUR OWN NOTES