This hearts of palm avocado salad is quick, simple and full of flavour, colour with a touch of crunch! A lemon basil dressing makes this a great summer keto vegetarian and vegan salad.
If you are looking for heart of palm recipe, try it in a salad! If you enjoy artichokes you will like palm hearts. They have a similar texture.
What are palm hearts?
Hearts of palm are the made from the inner part of certain palm trees. They have a mild taste and are similar to tinned artichokes in texture.
Palm hearts make a good vegan substitute for meat too. Low in carbs, calories and fat they are high in iron, potassium and zinc.
What goes into hearts of palm avocado salad?
This keto vegetarian salad is not just palm hearts and avocado!
Here's what you need to make this:
- Palm hearts - tinned or from a jar
- Avocado - ripe and creamy, the flavour of avocado goes well with palm hearts.
- Cherry Tomatoes - adds colour and great flavour.
- Walnuts - great for crunch and antioxidants.
- Microgreens - Entirely optional. I like them for their decoration. Arugula would be a great replacement or baby spinach.
If you enjoy salads, don't miss these recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Hearts of Palm Avocado Salad
- 14 oz palm hearts jar or tinned, chopped
- 1 avocado pitted and chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup walnuts chopped
- 1 cup microgreens or small salad leaves
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon basil fresh, chopped
- In a small bowl whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Arrange the palm hearts, avocados, microgreens and cherrytomatoes on a serving place or dish.
- Scatter the walnuts on top, then drizzle the dressing over the salad.
- Serve immediately.