Asparagus and avocados lend a nutty flavor to this vibrant green salad. It's a vegan and dairy-free salad that is perfect for when you want something light but tasty.
Shaved asparagus is a fun way to serve it in a salad and can be served as an elegant appetizer too. Adding avocado makes this a great spring dish.
Carbs in asparagus
Asparagus is an excellent low carb vegetable with just 1.8g net carbohydrates in a 100g serving.
As well as being keto friendly, Asparagus is a great source of fiber, potassium, folic acid, vitamin C, and many antioxidants.
This asparagus avocado salad has two main ingredients with a simple salad dressing. You can enjoy the salad as this recipe or use it as a base to add other ingredients.
How to make asparagus avocado salad
This is a quick and easy salad that needs to be eaten immediately. The avocado will discolour if left out. Ensure that you have a ripe avocado too.
This simply salad is fun to make too. Once the asparagus is shaved, the avocado is peeled, the stone removed and then sliced. A simple lemon basil dressing is whisked ready to serve.
How to shave asparagus
The asparagus in this salad could be sliced but we had fun by shaving it instead. To shave asparagus cut the woody end of a stalk. Then use a vegetable peeler to slice the length of the stalk.
Add other low carb ingredients to this salad such as chopped nuts or goats or feta cheese to increase the protein content too.
Brighten the colour of the salad by adding cherry tomatoes.
More Low Carb Vegan Salad Recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Asparagus Avocado Salad
- 5 spears asparagus
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Trim the woody ends from the asparagus spears.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave each asparagus spear, moving from the bottom to the top and rotating as necessary. Chop any remaining pieces finely.
- Remove the skin and stone from the avocado. Cut into slices.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together.
- Place the avocado and asparagus on a serving plate and drizzle the salad dressing over the vegetables to coat them.
- Serve immediately.
YOUR OWN NOTES