This avocado ranch dressing recipe is an easy low carb dressing that is creamy, colourful and full of flavour. Spoon over salads or use as a dip.
When your avocados are very ripe, this dressing is a good use for them. All of the taste of a ranch dressing but extra creamy and green thanks to the avocado.
How to make this avocado ranch dressing recipe
As with any salad dressing recipe, it's as simple as mixing the ingredients either by hand or in a blender. This keto dressing is best made in a blender.
Grab these ingredients for this dressing.
- Avocado - ripe
- Sour cream
- Lemon juice - as well as adding flavour, this helps stop the avocado turning brown.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
How to make this dressing into a dip.
To turn avocado ranch dressing into a low carb dip, mix a few tablespoons with softened cream cheese.
Can you make this vegan?
If you want to enjoy a keto vegan avocado ranch dressing, omit the mayonnaise and sour cream. Use about ½ cup of almond milk and a couple tablespoons of olive oil instead.
The lemon could be replaced with lime
If you are a cilantro fan, add a bunch to this.
Store the dressing in a sealed container in the fridge. It should last for 3-5 days.
If you want a thinner dressing, add a tablespoon or two of heavy cream until you have the consistency that you like.
More low carb salad dressings
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Avocado Ranch Dressing
- 1 avocado ripe
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chives chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Peel the avocado and discard the pit.
- Combine the avocado and sour cream in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice, fresh herbs, garlic powder and onion powder. Pulse to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
YOUR OWN NOTES