The beauty of this keto bread recipe is that it is just so easy to make. It’s as simple as mix and bake! Then slice warm and enjoy.
This low carb and gluten free bread is made primarily with flaxseed flour, with the addition of coconut flour and almond flour. It takes a slight edge off the flaxseed taste for those of you who are not too fond of it. The psyllium husk powder helps to give the bread a more dough like consistency.
If you want the bread to be extra fluffy, you could separate the eggs, whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold them into the mixture. I was throwing caution to the wind that day, and just used the eggs whole. I didn’t find the bread too heavy either. More like a wholemeal loaf.
Store this keto bread in the fridge, wrapped up in some parchment paper so it doesn’t dry out. It should keep for 3-5 days and is great toasted to bring it back to life.
Other Low Carb Breads
- 2 Cups Flaxseed flour/ground flaxseed
- 1/2 Cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 Cup Almond flour
- 5 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Coconut/Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Psyllium husk powder
- 2 tablespoons Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Grease and line a bread tin.
- Mix the flaxseed, coconut flour, almond flour, psyllium husk power, baking powder and salt together.
- Add the eggs to the dry mixture and whisk thoroughly.
- Add the oil to the flour mixture and stir.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and more mixing!
- Finally, add the boiling water and stir well until you have a dough like consistency.
- Spoon into a parchment paper lined loaf tin (I used an 8inch tin) and bake for 40-45 minutes.