Enjoy a bowl of this keto coconut ice cream recipe this summer. With fresh shredded coconut and a sugar free caramel sauce swirl, it’s a creamy bowl of happiness.
The best thing about this low carb coconut ice cream recipe, apart from the taste, is that no ice cream maker is required. This no churn ice cream is ready in a few hours too.
Coconut and caramel are a fabulous flavour combination and something I used to enjoy with one of the large brands. This is a sugar free version and is easy to make at home too.
How to make keto ice cream
Making this keto coconut ice cream is simple and just requires a few ingredients:
- Heavy cream - also known as whipping cream
- Allulose – I prefer this sweetener for low carb ice cream as it freezes well without crystallization which erythritol can sometimes do. If you don’t have this, try a powdered monkfruit/erythritol blend.
- Coconut – I use fresh shredded coconut but unsweetened desiccated will work too.
- Sugar Free Caramel Sauce – I make my own with just butter, brown low carb sweetener and cream. It’s great to have a jar of this in the fridge for low carb pancakes! The recipe includes how to make this sauce but only half is used in the ice cream swirl. Use the remainder to serve with.
- Coconut extract - I add this to heighten the coconut flavour but this could be omitted or replaced with vanilla extract.
The low carb caramel sauce needs to be made first and allowed to cool and thicken before you make the ice cream.
Whip up the cream and sweetener, add the coconut, swirl in the caramel sauce and place in the freezer! I love the simplicity of this recipe.
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
Add salt to the caramel sauce if you enjoy a salted caramel flavour.
The shredded coconut could be toasted before adding to the ice cream mixture for an nuttier taste.
Chop up pecans and add to the mixture before freezing.
Other low carb ice cream recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Coconut Caramel Ice Cream
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup brown erythritol or other low carb sweetener
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup allulose
- 1 cup coconut, shredded or unsweetened desiccated coconut
- ½ cup caramel sauce as per above
- Melt the butter in a small pan and let it cook, stirring every so often, until fully browned (about 5 minutes) This will give the sauce a deeper caramel flavour.
- Pour in heavy cream and stir until combined. Lower the heat and simmer for a minute.
- Add in your brown erythritol and stir until dissolved.
- Cook until you see it getting thicker and stir the sauce intermediately to ensure it does not stick. This should take about 15 minutes.
- Set aside to cool before use.
- In a large bowl, pour the cream, coconut extract and add the allulose. Whisk until you have firm peaks.
- Stir in the shredded coconut.
- Pour the mixture into a container with a lid. Gently spoon the caramel sauce into the ice cream mixture and swirl.
- With the lid firmly on, place the ice cream in the freezer to firm for at least 4 hours.
- Serve with more caramel sauce and toasted coconut.
YOUR OWN NOTES