Enjoy your summer strawberries in this easy keto cobbler recipe. Easy to make and utterly delicious. Made with almond flour, making it a great gluten free dessert too.
Strawberries are topped with a thick crunchy cake-like topping that is crispy on top but soft underneath. Serve with whipped cream for a bowl of pure low carb comfort food.
Are strawberries low carb?
Berries are the best low carb fruit choice and strawberries have 5.7g net carbs per 100g. Once half a cup of sliced strawberries is about 83g and whole strawberries are 72g.
You can make this keto strawberry cobbler using fresh or frozen strawberries. Ensure that frozen strawberries are defrosted before use. Frozen berries can release more juice than fresh, so you might want to add a thickening such as xanthan gum or ground chia seeds to the thawed berries.
How to make a strawberry cobbler
Making a keto berry cobbler is easy and only requires a few cupboard staple ingredients:
- Berries – Strawberries are the choice for this recipe but other berries such as blueberry or blackberry could be use. Or use a mix of all berries for a colourful dessert.
- Almond flour – This makes the topping almost like the real thing.
- Butter & Eggs – Pantry staples
- Erythritol – I used powdered erythritol but any other low carb sweetener can be used.
Making this delicious low carb dessert is as simple as mixing the toppings together, then spooning them over a layer of strawberries and baking for 30 minutes.
Keep the strawberries whole. If you cut them, they may cook into mush.
Add chopped pecans to the crust for a crunchy cobbler.
If you don't have too much of a sweet tooth, reduce the sweetener by half. I've enjoyed this with just ¼ cup of erythitol, the husband prefers it with ½ cup.
Other low carb desserts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190C/375F degrees.
- Place the strawberries in a baking dish. I used an 8 inch square dish.
- Beat the butter and erythritol in a bowl until creamy
- Add the eggs, vanilla and salt and blend well.
- Add the almond flour and baking powder mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Spoon the batter on top of the strawberries.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the edges are bubbling top is golden and firm.
YOUR OWN NOTES