These low carb cranberry waffles are not just for breakfast but make a great low carb dessert too. Quick and easy to make these keto vegetarian waffles are also gluten free.
My sugar free cranberry sauce is spooned into the waffle mixture then cooked giving you a low carb waffle full of holiday flavour! I then served my waffles with a dollop of cream and more cranberry sauce.
How to make cranberry waffles
These easy low carb waffles are made in the blender and take minutes to make.
What you will need
- Cream cheese - Softened is easier to blend.
- Eggs - I use medium sized eggs
- Coconut flour - This could be substituted with almond flour.
- Low carb sweetener - Any low carb sweetener can be used.
- Vanilla extract
- Cinnamon - The spice goes well with cranberries
- Baking baking & Salt - Essential for any baked good.
- Sugar free cranberry sauce - Cranberry sauce is not just for dinner!
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
In place of the cinnamon add grated orange or lemon rind.
You can make these waffles ahead, store them in a container in the fridge, and then reheat when you are ready to eat.
If you don't have cranberry sauce then a handful of fresh cranberries will work too.
More low carb vegetarian breakfasts
Low Carb Cranberry Waffles
- Preheat your waffle iron to medium-high and give it a light spray with oil.
- Place all of the ingredients except for the cranberry sauce in a blender and pulse until the batter is smooth
- Pour enough of the waffle mixture into the waffle maker to cover the base and spoon a tablespoon of cranberry sauce over each waffle. Spoon more waffle batter over the cranberries. Cook each waffle until firm and golden.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Serve with cream and more cranberry sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.