This easy keto cranberry sauce with just 4 ingredients is a healthy and sugar free sauce for the holidays. Try it with low carb waffles and pancakes too!
Store bought cranberry sauces are full of sugar and are high in carbs. Making your own means you know exactly what is in it and you can adjust the taste to your own palate too.
Serve the cranberry sauce with a vegetarian nut roast or with a cheese board and keto crackers. Enjoy a cranberry waffle for breakfast made with the sauce.
How to make keto cranberry sauce
What You Need
- Cranberries - Fresh or frozen. Cranberries are high in pectin which helps naturally thicken the sauce once it is cool.
- Low carb sweetener - I prefer allulose as it does not re-crystalize and helps thicken the sauce. You could use any other low carb sweeteners. Try the brown one for additional flavour.
- Orange rind - Just the rind of half an orange is used. Lemon could be substituted
- Water - Add or reduce the amount in the recipe card if you want a thicker or smoother sauce.
It's as simple as put all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook for 15 minutes.
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
Omit the orange rind and try other flavours. A touch of spicy chipotle or jalapneo.
Make it crunch and add nuts such as walnuts or pecans.
More keto sauce recipes
Keto Cranberry Sauce
- 8 oz cranberries
- ½ cup allulose
- ½ orange zest
- ⅔ cup water
- Add all the ingredients into a medium saucepan, bring to the boil then simmer, stirring occasionally, for 12-15 minutes until the cranberries start to pop.
- Remove the pan from the stove and set aside to cool.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
YOUR OWN NOTES
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Leave a Reply