This easy keto baguette is made with no flour and also gluten, grain and sugar free. It’s a great low carb bread for sandwiches, toasting and bruschetta.
If you are allergic to nuts, this keto baguette is a great option. Full of fiber due to the oat fiber and psyllium husk powder it is very filling. Make sure you drink plenty of water when enjoying this bread.
A crusty keto french bread will always be the dream but this keto baguette makes a great replacement. It's a solid bread with a soft texture that is perfect for a sub sandwich.
How to make a flourless bread
When mixing the dough, it may seen fairly moist but with damp hands you will be able to shape the baguette. The bread will rise but keep it's solid shape.
- Oat fiber - I use the Lifesource brand which is pale and has always yielded good results for me.
- Psyllium husk powder - Finely ground psyllium husks in powder form helps bind the bread in the absence of gluten.
- Whey protein powder - Try to use whey protein isolate powder but plain whey protein powder will work too.
- Greek Yogurt - Try to use full fat yoghurt as low fat can have sneaky sugars in it.
- Eggs - Medium sized eggs. I've not tried this bread with an egg replacement.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - This acts with the baking powder to give the bread a bit of "lift" in the absence of gluten.
The Greek Yoghurt can be swapped with sour cream.
The dough could be baked in a 1lb loaf tin if you want a more uniform shape.
More low carb bread recipes
- 2 medium eggs
- 120 grams Greek yogurt full fat
- 25 grams whey protein isolate powder
- 25 grams oat fiber
- 25 grams psyllium husk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F degrees
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and Greek yoghurt until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients and with a spatula or spoon mix until you have a dough.
- Add the apple cider vinegar and mix into the dough.
- Let the dough sit for 5 minutes to firm up. It will still be a soft dough.
- With damp hands, form a dough and shape into a baton or baguette shape.
- Place the bread on a parchment lined baking tray and bake for 35-40 minutes until firm and golden.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.