This easy chocolate vegan keto ice cream is made with just 4 ingredients. A dairy free no churn ice cream that has a rich fudge like texture and is low carb, paleo and gluten free.
The secret to the fudgy texture of this almond milk ice cream is almond butter. Once you try this recipe, you will be adding nut butter to every ice cream recipe! This is one of the creamiest dairy free ice creams I have made without an ice cream making too.
How to make almond milk ice cream
For this vegan keto ice cream I have used almond milk, but coconut milk could be used too.
All you need to enjoy a bowl of this vegan chocolate ice cream is:
- Almond milk - unsweetened
- Almond Butter - always check the label for added sugar or make your own.
- Cocoa - unsweetened
- Allulose - when making a keto ice cream I prefer allulose as it does not crystalize when frozen as other low carb sweeteners sometimes do. Alternatively use a liquid low carb sweetener.
The ice cream is made in a saucepan before freezing. You could try mixing all the ingredients in a blender but I've not tried that.
Many ice cream recipes add a dash of vodka to help prevent ice crystals. I didn't use any (I was out of vodka for a change) but still had a creamy rich ice cream.
The ice cream will freeze hard and needs to be defrosted for about 15 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Add a spoon to your iced coffee for a creamy iced coffee! It perked up my morning and I love the idea of having ice cream for breakfast. The joys of adulthood!
Spoon the mixture into popsicle containers for fudge pops.
More low carb ice cream recipes
Coconut Milk Ice Cream (Vegan)
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Vegan Keto Ice Cream
- In a medium saucepan, gently heat the almond milk and almond butter, stirring until you have a smooth mixture.
- Add the cocoa powder and allulose and whisk until mixed.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Pour into a sealable container and place in the freezer for at least 5 hours.
- Once the ice cream is frozen and you are ready to serve, thaw at room temperature for 15 minutes. Scoop and serve!
YOUR OWN NOTES