Enjoy a bowl of this keto strawberry ice cream on a hot summer's day! Creamy sugar free ice cream with the classic taste of strawberries is a great low carb treat.
This keto ice cream recipe is an easy no churn ice cream recipe too, so no ice cream maker is required. Just a few hours freezing and you are ready to scoop!
Are strawberries keto?
Strawberries are the 3rd lowest berry in carbs with a 100g serving being just over 5g net carbs. Blackberries and raspberries are numbers 1 and 2 in case you were wondering!
Strawberries are full of vitamins, fiber and antioxidants, making them a healthy choice for dessert or a snack. Add some to a salad too!
How to make creamy keto strawberry ice cream
The key to any strawberry recipe is to use the best tasting and ripest strawberries you can find.
For the low carb sweetener I've used the Besti Allulose. I prefer to use allulose when making ice cream as it does not crystalize when frozen, like erythritol can. If you don't have allulose, the low carb sweetener of your choice should work.
This no churn ice cream recipe is as simple as pureeing the strawberries, whipping the cream and mixing them together. Freeze for a few hours and voila! A taste of summer in a bowl.
Add a shot of vodka to reduce any ice crystals forming. This is optional.
Spoon the ice cream mixture into popsicle holders for a creamy low carb treat on a stick.
More keto ice cream recipes to enjoy
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Strawberry Ice Cream
- ¾ cups strawberries tops removed and chopped
- 2 cups cream heavy/whipping
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup allulose
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Puree the strawberries in a blender or food processor.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the cream until thick. Do not overwhisk it as you will end up with butter.
- Add the sour cream, allulose and vanilla extract. A quick whisk to combine the ingredients.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Spoon the ice cream mixture into an airtight container and place in the freezer for 4-5 hours. Check after a couple of hours that the freezing has commenced and give the mixture a stir to distribute the ice crystals.
- Scoop and enjoy!
YOUR OWN NOTES