These spicy and creamy air fryer jalapeno poppers make an easy low carb vegetarian appetizer or snack.
Jalapenos are filled with a spicy cream cheese filling and make a great Game Day snack or appetizer. The flavour combination of spicy and creamy is a family favourite.
Is Sriracha keto friendly?
For the spicy element of the filling we used Sriracha. Sriracha is a popular chili sauce made with red chili peppers, garlic and vinegar. Brands may vary for a sugar content so always check the labels.
The brand we used has just 1g net carbs per teaspoon so it can be included in a keto diet.
How to make air fryer jalapeno poppers
This is an easy recipe with jalapenos peppers cut in half, stuffed with a cream cheese mixture and air fried. Wonderfully simple and a recipe you can tweak to your own tastes too.
- Gather your jalapenos.
- Slice them in half and remove the seeds. (Wear gloves to protect yourself from the chili heat).
- Place the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese and Sriracha in a bowl.
- Mix the filling.
- Spoon the filling into the jalapeno slices.
- Place in the air fryer and cook.
Why make jalapeno poppers in the air fryer?
Although stuffed jalapeno poppers can be baked in the oven, using an air fryer is quicker and makes the top of the jalapeno popper crispier. The jalapeno skins are crispier than made in the oven too.
How to bake jalapeno poppers
If you don't have an air fryer, this recipe can be baked in the oven. Place the filled jalapenos on a parchment paper lined baking tray. Bake at 200C/400F degrees for 18-20 minutes.
Can I make air fryer jalapeno poppers ahead of time?
This is a great recipe to make ahead, especially for a gathering. Stuff the jalapeno halves and keep them in an airtight container in the fridge. They are then ready to cook and can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Wear gloves when handling and cutting the jalapenos to protect your skin and accidently rubbing your eyes with contact from the pepper oil.
Add chopped spring onions or use a different blend of cheese for extra flavour.
Sprinkle grated cheese on top before air frying for a crispy cheese topping.
More low carb vegetarian air fryer recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- 8 Jalapenos
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 oz Cheddar cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Preheat the air fryer according to the manufacturers instructions.
- Cut the jalapenos in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds with a small spoon.
- In a small bowl, add the cream cheese, cheddar and seasoning. Mix until combined.
- Fill the jalapeno halves with the cream cheese filling.
- Place the jalapeno halves in the air fryer basket and cook at 350F degrees for 6-8 minutes.
YOUR OWN NOTES