Healthy flaxseed crackers with a crunch are made with chia seeds and hemp hearts for a keto vegan snack. Nut free crackers and just under 1g net carbs each too!
This is an easy nut free keto vegan recipe to make and the crackers keep for at least a week in an airtight container. Delicious to snack on by themselves or serve with a red pepper walnut dip or artichoke dip.
Healthy trio of seeds
These seeds are full of nutrition as well as flavour.
- Chia Seeds - A good source of omega-3, calcium and fiber.
- Hemp Hearts - A great source of protein will all essential amino acids.
- Flaxseed - A great source of lignans, omega-3 and high in fiber.
How to make keto flaxseed crackers
These are baked with no seasoning as I find the combination of chia flax and hemp tasty by themselves. I added sesame seed for added crunch. Feel free to add your favourite herbs and spices to these crackers.
Store these flaxseed crackers in a sealed container. Keep them in the fridge for extra crunch.
Add other seeds for a cracker full of crunch. Try pumpkin seeds or even chopped nuts.
More keto cracker recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Chia Hemp Flaxseed Crackers
- 1 cup flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ½ cup warm water
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
- In a medium bowl add the flaxseed meal, hemp hearts, chia seeds and sesame seeds and mix.
- Pour in the water and mix into a dough.
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the mixture in between two layers of parchment paper and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter. Or cut into squares.
- Place the shapes on a parchment paper lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and turn over. Return to the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before eating.