Easy and delicious, these low carb vegan cheese crackers are made with almond flour but have a cheesy flavour. Dairy free, gluten free and Paleo too!
Quick to make with minimal preparation and ready in under 20 minutes, these almond flour crackers are great with dips or as a snack. They have a great crunch! Try them with our cucumber salsa, savory fennel jam or artichoke dip.
The secret to the cheese flavour for these vegan cheese crackers is nutritional yeast. As well as being highly nutritious, nutritional yeast is a great cheese substitute for vegans and vegetarians.
Is nutritional yeast keto?
Nutritional yeast is a great low carb product but check the brand as there is some slight variation between them. A ¼ cup (15g) serving can be 2g net carbs.
Nutritional yeast is a great source of protein, B vitamins (B12 being one) and minerals. It is a complete protein with all amino acids making is a great ingredient for vegans.
How to make keto vegan cheese crackers
All this easy low carb cracker recipe almond flour, nutritional yeast and oil. Place the ingredients into a food processor and add any spices. Blitz and add water to bind the mixture into a dough.
The dough is rolled out and cut into squares, then baked. It's that simple!
Cut the dough into crackers
We find that cutting the dough into crackers and then baking them is quicker than baking the rolled out dough. To cut them use a pizza cutter or a very sharp knife.
Although we cut our crackers into squares, you could have fun and cut them into triangles or use a cookie cutter for other shapes.
Enjoy these vegan crackers plain or add your own mix of spices. Here are a few flavour suggestions:
- Lime and chili
- Garlic & rosemary
- Smoked paprika
Storage of Nutritional Yeast Crackers
Since the crackers are not made with any egg or dairy they do not need to be stored in the refrigerator. Keep them in a sealed container and they should last a week. Well, that was my plan until my husband discovered them one night and they mysteriously "evaporated".
Roll the dough in between two layers of parchment paper as the dough can be a bit sticky to handle.
For a crispier cracker, roll the dough thinner but keep an eye on them when baking, so that they don't burn.
More low carb vegan crackers
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Vegan Cheese Crackers
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees.
- Place all of the ingredients, apart from the water in a food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Add the water and pulse until you have a dough.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and place in between two layers of parchment paper.
- Roll out to about 1 cm thick (or thinner for a crispier cracker).
- Cut the dough into squares and mark with a fork for a pattern (optional).
- Place the parchment sheet with the cut out squares onto a baking tray and bake for 12-17 minutes until slightly golden. You might want to flip the squares over halfway through cooking for an even bake.
YOUR OWN NOTES