Cucumber salsa is a vibrant and refreshing dip. Full of crunchy cucumber with a hint of heat it is great for a hot day!
Serve as a dip or side salad for any gathering or part of a light lunch. Our low carb tortilla chips are great with this too.
How to make cucumber salsa
To make this easy cucumber salsa recipe you only need a few ingredients.
- Cucumber - English cucumbers are great for this recipe as they have less seeds and a great flavour.
- Cherry Tomatoes - You could use regular tomatoes and chop them small. My choice was entirely driven by great tasting cherry tomatoes I purchase here.
- Red onion - This gives a slight sweetness as well as colour to the dish. If you don't have red onion, use a couple of spring onions.
- Jalapeno - The recipe card recommends to remove the seeds, but if you like your heat, leave them in.
- Garlic clove - No salsa would be complete without garlic.
- Cilantro - Fresh cilantro can be a divisive ingredient. If you are not a fan of this fragrant herb, swap it for fresh flat leaf parsley.
- Lime juice - This gives this salsa a sharp yet fresh taste.
Finely chop the vegetables, mix, chill and serve. Delightfully simple but packed with flavour.
Serve chilled so the flavours are allowed to develop.
If you like your heat, add more jalapeno.
More salsa recipes
If you enjoy this cucumber salsa recipe try our other recipes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
- 1 cucumber English preferable
- ¼ red onion chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes chopped
- 1 jalapeno deseeded & chopped
- 1 garlic clove peeled & chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Peel and deseed the cucumber. Cut into small chunks.
- Add the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro and garlic to a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle the lime juice over the chopped vegetables and season with the salt and pepper. Toss evenly.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Leave a Reply