Enjoy a bowl of this cold cucumber dill soup on a hot summer's day for a refreshing dish.
If you enjoy gazpacho, you will enjoy this cucumber soup too. Creamy and light with the delicious flavour of dill. Serve as an appetizer or enjoy as a light meal.
What type of cucumber to use
There are many different types of cucumbers that are more suited for pickling, slicing or seedless. For this cucumber dill soup recipe I used an English cucumber as it has less seeds and a mild flavour. Persian cucumbers could be used too.
The ingredients for cucumber dill soup
Making this cucumber soup is as easy as blending the ingredients, chilling than enjoying it! You will need:
- Cucumber - A large English cucumber is preferable.
- Greek yogurt - I enjoy the Fage brand but try for full fat and check the ingredients for added sugar.
- Dill - Fresh dill is essential for the flavour and goes well with cucumber. Add mint for a bowl of tzatziki soup!
- Parsley - Fresh parsley adds to the freshness of the flavour.
- Garlic - add more than 1 clove if you like your garlic.
- Lemon Juice
- Avocado oil - a light olive oil could be used.
- Salt & Pepper.
Add fresh mint for an additional flavour.
Serve in small glasses for an elegant summer appetizer.
More summer vegetarian recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Cold Cucumber Dill Soup
- 1 large English cucumber
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- ¼ cup Dill chopped
- 1 clove Garlic peeled & chopped
- ¼ cup Parsley chopped
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Peel the cucumber and remove the seeds. Cut into pieces.
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Pour into a container and chill in the fridge.