A creamy celeriac and fennel soup is an easy and simple soup perfect for a cold day. With just a few ingredients this soup is vegan, low carb, Paleo and gluten free.
The celeriac makes this a creamy thick soup and the fennel gives the soup a delicious flavour. Serve the soup with a low carb vegan bread roll for a hearty and filling meal.
Is Celeriac Keto?
Celeriac has 7g net carbohydrates per 100g serving making a great replacement for potatoes. It can be roasted, made into noodles, served raw in a salad or made into a soup.
Using celeriac in a soup has the same thickening effect as a potato but with a lot less of the carbs.
Is Fennel low carb?
The bulbous fennel is an unique tasting vegetable. With it's slight aniseed flavour, it's great grilled, raw or baked. At 3.7g net carbs per 100g serving it is a great for a low carb diet.
How to make celeriac and fennel soup
For this celeriac and fennel soup recipe, pick the freshest and best quality bulbs of celeriac and fennel you can find for a great flavour.
This is an easy low carb vegan soup that can be made in under 30 minutes. It's as simple as sauteing the vegetables, then cooking them in a stock. Once soft, the soup is blended for a thick and smooth texture.
Storage & Freezing
To store this vegan celeriac soup, keep it in a sealed container in the refrigerator. It should last up to 5 days.
Any leftovers can be easily frozen and will last up to 3 months in the freezer. Store in either zip locked bags or a sealed container. Allow to defrost in the refrigerator before reheating on the stove.
More keto vegan soup recipes
If you enjoy a bowl of soup for a light lunch or comfort food on a cold night, we have a few more keto vegan recipes for you.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Celeriac and Fennel Soup
- 1 large celeriac bulb about 4 cups when chopped
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 medium onion peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Peel and chop the celeriac and fennel. Smaller pieces will cooker quicker.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil on a medium heat and saute the chopped onion and garlic for 3 minutes until soft.
- Add the chopped celeriac and fennel and cook for 5 minutes until the fennel is slightly soft.
- Add the vegetable stock, salt and pepper and bring the soup to the boil. Simmer and cover with the saucepan lid for 20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender or spoon into a blender. Process until smooth.
- Season to taste and serve.
YOUR OWN NOTES