This keto celery soup is a delicious creamy vegan soup that is very filling. Enjoy a bowl of low carb comfort food on a cold day. Or when you are in the mood for soup.
Enjoy a bowl of this keto vegan soup with one of our vegan low carb bread rolls for a hearty meal or lunch. As well as vegan, this soup is gluten-free and Paleo.
Carbs in Cream of Celery Soup
The tinned cream of celery soup is not going to be suitable for a low carb diet as it will be full of processed ingredients and has about 8g carbs per serving.
Homemade cream of celery soup is always a better choice than anything out of a tin. This keto cream of celery soup is just 4g net carbs per serving.
How Many Carbs in Celery
Celery is a great low carb vegetable with just 1.4 grams of net carbohydrates in a 100 gram serving.
Celery is also a low carb food and perfect for serving with dips. It's a great low carb snack too.
How to select good celery
The quality of the celery makes a lot of difference to the flavor of the soup. A bland supermarket stringy celery will not give you the same results.
When shopping for celery look for:
- Firm stalks.
- Vibrant green colour.
- Bright and perky green leaves.
- Medium thick stalks.
How to Make Vegan Cream of Celery Soup
To thicken the soup and cut down on the carbohydrates we have used cauliflower, making this a keto vegan celery soup without potato.
Once you have assembled all of the ingredients, this soup is easy to make.
- Saute the garlic and olive oil.
- Add the cauliflower florets.
- Add the celery and sweat for 5 minutes.
- Add the seasoning and stock and cook.
Once the vegetables are cooked, blend the soup into a creamy texture using an immersion blender or pour it into a food blender. Just be careful of the temperature when blending to prevent scalding from any soup splatters.
How to increase the protein content
Nutritional yeast is used in this celery soup recipe for it's nutritional benefits for vegans and the slight cheesy flavour it adds. You could increase the amount of tablespoons used, but taste test as you add it, as you don't want to overpower the soup's flavour.
Serve with a garnish of hemp hearts or fried tofu cubes for another protein boost.
Keto Celery Soup Storage
This soup should be kept in the fridge in a sealed container. It will last up to 5 days. If you don't think you will consume it in time, it can be frozen.
Can you freeze this vegan soup?
This is a great soup to freeze since it does not have any dairy. Creamy soups can sometimes split when defrosted.
Once the soup has completely cooled, pour it into an air tight container or in a zip lock bag. The soup should last up to 3 months in the freezer.
Defrost the soup in the refrigerator and gently reheat it in on the stove for about 5 minutes.
Swap the cauliflower for celeriac for another great low carb vegetable that will yield a creamy texture.
If you don't have celery salt or celery pepper, add a touch more salt and pepper seasoning.
The cauliflower could be omitted and coconut milk used for a creamy vegan soup.
The shallots can be replaced by small white onions if you don't have any.
More keto soup recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Celery Soup
- 2 medium shallots chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 cups celery chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon celery pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut oil on a medium heat. Gently saute the garlic and shallots for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the cauliflower florets, stir to cover them in the oil.
- Add the chopped celery and place the lid on the saucepan for 5 minutes to sweat the celery.
- Add the nutritional yeast, turmeric, seasoning and vegetable stock.
- Bring the soup to the boil and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until the vegetables are soft and tender.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly,
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until it is smooth.
- Serve with celery leaves for a garnish.
YOUR OWN NOTES