An easy grilled zucchini salad with feta cheese and mint that makes a great low carb vegetarian summer dish. Cooked on a grill or griddle pan this low carb vegetable dish is delicious served warm or cold.
Zucchini, feta and mint make a great flavour combination and are often made into fritters but this is a simple way of enjoying them. Tossed in a lemon garlic dressing for extra flavour. Don't be stingy with the mint either! Make it a large handful.
This is one of my favourite summer salads which I have been making for years so it's about time I shared it! It will often appear as a side dish when I am hosting a barbeque as it's effortless to make whilst entertaining.
How to make grilled zucchini salad
You can cook this on the barbeque, under a grill on or on a griddle pan to get those lovely dark lines on the the zucchini.
To make this zucchini salad you need:
- Zucchini - large ones are better if you can get them as they cook well on the barbeque without fear of them falling down the grill.
- Feta cheese - The creamy salty taste goes well with the zucchini.
- Fresh mint - This perks up the dish to give it a taste of summer.
- Dressing - A simple salad dressing made with lemon juice and olive oil
Make this vegan
This zucchini salad can easily be made keto vegan by omitting the Feta cheese. Although delicious with the zucchini and mint combination, you could add cubes of tofu or use a vegan Feta cheese.
More summer side dishes to try
Grilled Fennel with Tahini Dressing
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Grilled Zucchini with Feta & Mint
- 2 large zucchini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 oz Feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons mint fresh
- Preheat the barbeque grill or griddle pan to a medium heat.
- Slice the zucchini diagonally into 1 inch slices and toss them in the olive oil and season.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until charred and tender.
Make the Dressing
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic clove well inseparate bowl. Season to taste
- Place the grilled zucchin, feta and mint in a large serving bowl, add the dressing and toss well.
- Serve warm or cold.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Will be making this soon can i use vegan feta as am a vegan i never had salad before i love zucchini sooooooooooo much perfect for my after office meals will dm you if i make this and let you know how it goes Thanks Ramya