Once you have tried this cheesy baked asparagus you may never cook asparagus any other way! In just 15 minutes this easy low carb side dish is ready to be enjoyed.
With just a handful of ingredients, this low carb asparagus side dish can quickly be thrown together with minimal fuss.
Cheesy asparagus ingredients
- Asparagus - make sure it is fresh and bright green.
- Cheddar cheese - I use a strong cheddar cheese for my personal taste.
- Vegetarian Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to make cheesy baked asparagus
There are only a few easy steps to make this baked asparagus with cheese dish.
- Prepare the asparagus and put in a baking dish with the garlic and olive oil.
- Add the grated cheese and bake.
What to serve cheesy asparagus with?
This asparagus recipe is good enough to enjoy by itself as a light meal but it goes well as a low carb side dish with these keto vegetarian recipes:
Try a mix of other cheese such as gruyere or mozzarella.
Add a dash of red pepper flakes to serve for extra flavour.
Make this dish vegan by using a nutritional yeast cheese sauce.
Try this with green beans in place of the asparagus.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Cheesy Baked Asparagus
- 12 oz asparagus spears 1 bunch
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan vegetarian
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F degrees
- Snap the asparagus spears to trim the woody ends.
- Place the asparagus in a baking dish (I used a 9 inch squared dish) and drizzle the oil over the spears. Scatter the minced garlic over the asparagus spears
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes until soft.
- Remove the dish from the oven and top the asparagus with the cheese. Return to the oven and bake for a further 5 minutes until the cheese has melted and is bubbling.
- Serve with chopped chives or parsley (optional)
YOUR OWN NOTES