Use this delicious lemon poppy seed dressing recipe to add a bit of flavor to any salad or even to make a side salad with a kick!
This poppy seed dressing recipe is perfect for a ketogenic diet, Whole30 diet, paleo diet, lchf diet, or any other diet that strives for higher fat intake and strict monitoring of carbohydrate intake.
I still get excited when I see poppy seeds for sale in the supermarkets here as they were not available when we lived in Dubai. This is due to the association with opium, although the seeds do not contain this!
Store bought salad dressings can often have sugar in them as well as additives, making home made salad dressings a healthier option. We have used this keto poppy seed dressing on our spinach and avocado salad but it works with any green salad too.
INGREDIENTS FOR POPPY SEED DRESSING
Making this dressing is easy and uses basic ingredients you may already have to hand.
- Poppy Seeds
- Lemon Juice - Fresh is always best.
- Turmeric - Adds a touch of yellow colour as well as being a great anti-inflammatory ingredient.
- Allulose - Any other low carb sugar sweetener of your choice can be used. You can leave this out if you don't want the dressing too sweet.
- Dijon Mustard - Yellow mustard can be swapped but we do prefer Dijon.
- Avocado Oil - This could be substituted with olive oil.
- Salt & Pepper
HOW TO MAKE KETO POPPY SEED DRESSING
Salad dressings are easy to make. You can whisk the ingredients in a bowl or make them in a blender. Either way will result in a creamy dressing.
When you serve the salad dressing, give it a shake to disperse the ingredients and they will start to sit together when stored.
Although this is an easy lemon salad dressing you can play around with this recipe and tweak it to make it your own.
- Make it creamier - add a tablespoon or two of Greek yogurt (coconut yogurt to keep it vegan), or mayonnaise
- Remove the lemon - If you don't want a lemon dressing, replace the lemon juice with apple cider vinegar, white or red vinegar.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Store the salad dressing in a sealable glass jar and keep it in the refrigerator.
Keep this poppy seed dressing in the fridge and it should last up to 2 weeks.
MORE KETO SALAD DRESSING RECIPES
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Easy Keto Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ½ cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons allulose
- Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass jar and keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
YOUR OWN NOTES