These easy keto cucumber snacks are made with slices of cucumber sandwiched together with a seasoned cream cheese. They are rolled in Everything Bagel seasoning for extra flavour and added crunch.
Refreshing and tasty, these fun cucumber bites make a great low carb appetizer for parties, gatherings, packed lunches or something to nibble on in summer.
A twist on the classic English cucumber sandwich has cucumbers as the "bread" with a cream cheese filling. These are easy to make and fun too.
How many carbs in cucumbers?
With just 3g net carbs per 100g, cucumbers are a great low carb vegetarian for the keto vegetarian. Low in calories, but full of vitamins and minerals, it's high water content make it a perfect vegetable for summer.
How to make easy cucumber appetizers
This is a quick and easy recipe that is ready in under 15 minutes. It's as simple as slicing a cucumber, making a filling and assembling the two!
I use an English cucumber as they are long and sturdy enough to make into a sandwich. I par peel the skin as I find it can be slightly tough at times. Other cucumbers could be used as long as you cut them into thick enough slices.
The Everything Bagel seasoning can be purchased or you can make your own. I find some brands are heavy on the salt so making your own means you can amend the flavours to your own taste.
Can you make these cucumber snacks keto vegan?
This cucumber appetizer recipe is a great one to make vegan. In place of the cream cheese, use a vegan version. There are a few vegan cream cheeses made with sunflower seeds that are low in carbs than those made with cashews. Alternatively, used almond butter for the filling.
More low carb snack recipes
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Everything Keto Cucumber Snacks
- 1 English cucumber
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dill, fresh chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 4 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning
- Trim the top and bottom of the cucumber and peel strips from the skin for a lined pattern.
- Cut the cucumber into rounds, about 1cm thick.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese with the lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper.
- Pipe or spoon the cream cheese mixture on top of one cucumber round and place another cucumber round on top to make a sandwich.
- Place the Everything Bagel seasoning in a shallow plate.
- Gently roll the cucumber bites into the seasoning.
- Serve or chill for later.
YOUR OWN NOTES
Leave a Reply