This hearty keto cauliflower potato salad is another recipe with cauliflower impersonating a potato for a low carb dish. Pack full of flavour, it makes a pretty good substitute as a keto potato salad.
Cooked cauliflower, hard boiled eggs and avocado are slathered in a creamy mayonnaise dressing for a delicious summer side salad. It’s hearty enough to enjoy a bowl by itself for lunch or bring as a keto side dish for a BBQ.
How to cook cauliflower for keto potato salad
Just as potatoes need to be cooked for a potato salad, the cauliflower needs to be cooked for this recipe. The cauliflower can be steamed, lightly boiled or roasted. For this recipe, the cauliflower was air fried for extra flavour.
What goes well with keto cauliflower salad?
This keto vegetarian salad can be brought along to any BBQ or gathering as a side dish and will go with anything. Serve it with other salads for a great salad selection. As a side dish to a vegetarian main course, try it with a crustless zucchini quiche, asparagus frittata or asparagus goat's cheese tart.
Cut the cauliflower florets as uniform as you can to ensure even cooking.
Store the salad in the fridge before serving for the flavours to develop.
Best served the same day, because of the avocado. It will go brown if left overnight. If you want to make this ahead omit the avocados until you are ready to serve.
More low carb vegetarian salads to try
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Cauliflower Potato Salad
- 3 cups cauliflower florets about ½ medium head
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 hard boiled eggs peeled
- 2 green onions chopped
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives to serve optional
- Preheat the air fryer to 190C/390F degrees.
- Toss the cauliflower florets in the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cauliflower in the air fryer basket and cook for 12-15 minutes until golden.
- Remove the cauliflower from the air fryer and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the dressing ingredients together.
- Chop or slice the hard boiled eggs.
- In a medium bowl place the cauliflower, avocado, spring onions and hard boiled egg pieces.
- Pour the dressing over the cauliflower mixture and gently mix until everything is covered.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour to chill and for the flavours to develop.
- Before serving, remove the skin and stone from the avocado. Cut into chunks.
- Add the avocado to the salad and mix.
- Serve with chopped chives.