The humble green cabbage is turned into an easy keto side dish with this keto fried cabbage noodles dish. A quick versatile cabbage dish that can be enjoyed simply cooked in butter and seasoned.
Cabbage is a great low carb alternative to noodles or pasta. Serve it with a creamy cheese sauce in place of pasta. Alternatively, stir fry it in oil and Tamari sauce for a quick stir fry dish. Perfect for a low carb vegetarian diet! To make this dish keto vegan, replace the butter with coconut oil.
I love how quick and easy this keto fried cabbage dish is and it is something I made regularly. Especially when I have not planned what to eat ahead and am staring into the fridge like a startled deer in the headlights, wondering what to eat.
5 Reasons to Enjoy Cabbage
- It’s cheap and widely available.
- Cabbage is high in beta-carotene, vitamin C and fiber.
- When stored in the fridge cabbage can last for 3 weeks.
- Is rich in various antioxidants, including anthocyanins and sulforaphane.
- It may help with inflammation and digestive issues.
How to Buy Cabbage
When shopping for green cabbage, look for cabbage heads that have tightly packed leaves and feel heavy like a bowling ball. The colour should be green and vibrant. If a green cabbage looks too pale, it has been stored too long. Also check the stems ends of the cabbage heads for freshness. If it is cracked, it has been stored too long before hitting the supermarket shelves.
Keto Fried Cabbage Tips
This cabbage dish can be served alongside eggplant meatballs, garlic mushrooms or fried tofu cubes.
Add a variety of spices to change the flavour. A few suggestions are:
- Lemon juice
- Curry powder
MORE LOW CARB SIDE DISHES
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Fried Cabbage Noodles
- 1 green cabbage head small
- ¼ cup butter, unsalted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the cabbage into thin slices either using a sharp knife or a food processor.
- Heat a large skill on a medium heat and add the butter.
- Add the cabbage and saute for 10-15 minutes, giving it an occasional stir until it is a golden brown.
- Season with the salt and pepper and serve.
- Garnish with chopped parsley & sesame seeds (optional)
YOUR OWN NOTES