A creamy keto mushroom sauce that is a great served with a keto vegetarian nut roast or low carb noodles. Or pour it over roasted vegetables.
This is a quick and easy keto mushroom sauce that can be made in 15 minutes. Perfect for when you are in need of a quick sauce for a keto vegetarian dinner.
What goes with keto mushroom sauce
Although this is delicious to eat by itself, here are a few suggested recipes to serve it with.
If you are looking for a vegan gravy, try our keto mushroom vegan gravy recipe.
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
Make sure that the mushrooms are cleaned thoroughly and no dirt remains on them. I give mine a good rub with damp kitchen towel. Some people prefer to wash them in water and dry them. Whatever works for you is good!
I’ve kept the cooked mushroom slices for texture, but this sauce could be pureed if you prefer a smooth sauce with your nut roast.
Use a variety of mushrooms for a sauce with a stronger depth of flavour and texture.
Add different cheese for a rich cheesy sauce. Try a blue cheese for a stronger flavour.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Keto Mushroom Sauce
- 2 oz butter
- ½ medium onion peeled & chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup cream heavy cream
- ½ cup Parmesan vegetarian
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup parsley
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream and Parmesan cheese and stir until you have a smooth sauce.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and stir in the parsley to serve.
YOUR OWN NOTES