These keto tofu meatballs are a great meatless dinner or lunch. Made with tofu and walnuts they are also vegan, gluten free and paleo.
A great thing about tofu is that it takes on the flavour of everything you season it with. These tofu balls are delicious by themselves or smothered with a low carb sauce.
How to make tofu meatballs
Sauteed onions are added to tofu and walnuts with seasoning and blended in a food processor. The mixture is then made into balls and baked.
I use coconut flour to help mind the tofu balls as it soaks up the moisture nicely. You could use another low carb flour of your choice as long as it binds well.
What to serve with tofu meatballs
Enjoyable by themselves as snack these vegan tofu balls are great with a spicy sauce. Serve them over low carb noodles or zucchini noodles for a hearty meal.
Recipe Tips & Suggestions
In addition to baking the tofu balls, they could be air fried.
If you want a crunchier texture to the tofu meatballs, roll them in finely chopped walnuts before baking.
Play around with the seasonings and add extra spice or chili.
More keto vegan recipes
Keto Vegan Tofu Balls
- 1 medium onion peeled & finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups walnuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 16 oz tofu, firm
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ tablespoon thyme fresh or dried
- 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F degrees
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on a medium heat and gently saute the onions until golden brown
- Place the onions and other ingredients in a blender/food processor and mix well.
- Take a spoonful of the mixture and form into ball shapes.
- Place the balls on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown, turning over half way through.
- Eat and enjoy!
YOUR OWN NOTES
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.